Ads 468x60px

Pages

Regarding Henry

Regarding Henry

Regarding Henry TWO BULLETS FORCE A TOP MANHATTAN LAWYER TO START LIFE OVER,WITH HIS LOVING WIFE AND DAUGHTER., Brand PARAMOUNT HOME VIDEO
I recall most critics trashing this film 15 years ago when it was new. I heard an especially vicious critique on NPR, of all places. Then I saw it, and liked it very much. Of course it is sentimental and manipulative, but all films are manipulative. I liked Harrison's work, and I even liked Annette Bening, which does not always happen for me. Most of us wonder whether, if we suffered a serious brain injury or a spinal cord break, if we would survive, and cope. This film shows one fictional guy facing that crisis, and becoming a better man for having lost some of his mental toughness and job skills. Those who sneer at this touching film perhaps have already lost the humane sense that Harrison Ford's character acquires through suffering., This atypical Harrison Ford-An...

0 comments:

Post a Comment